- RSS Channel Showcase 1701398
- RSS Channel Showcase 8199511
- RSS Channel Showcase 2212595
- RSS Channel Showcase 9039622
Articles on this Page
- 06/04/18--13:49: _Video Game Charts b...
- 06/08/18--09:02: _Age-Ratings: Beyond...
- 06/12/18--01:32: _Video Game Charts b...
- 06/15/18--05:39: _E3 2018: The Best F...
- 06/18/18--03:47: _Behind the headline...
- 06/18/18--12:15: _Video Game Charts b...
- 06/25/18--04:57: _Video Game Charts b...
- 07/02/18--05:27: _Video Game Charts b...
- 07/08/18--09:43: _Understanding the R...
- 07/09/18--06:53: _Video Game Charts b...
- 07/16/18--03:19: _Behind the headline...
- 07/16/18--05:53: _Video Game Charts b...
- 07/20/18--08:11: _Finding non-violent...
- 07/23/18--04:09: _Video Game Charts b...
- 07/30/18--03:53: _Video Game Charts b...
- 08/03/18--07:43: _Beyond the Box: Und...
- 08/06/18--05:51: _Video Game Charts b...
- 08/10/18--07:30: _Dreaming big: What’...
- 08/15/18--07:12: _Video Game Charts b...
- 06/04/18--13:49: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending June 2nd
- 06/08/18--09:02: Age-Ratings: Beyond the Number, Part 2
- 06/12/18--01:32: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending June 9th
- 06/15/18--05:39: E3 2018: The Best Family Gaming Announcements and Updates
- 06/18/18--03:47: Behind the headlines: Understanding ‘gaming disorder’
- 06/18/18--12:15: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending June 16th
- 06/25/18--04:57: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending June 23rd
- 07/02/18--05:27: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending June 30th
- 07/08/18--09:43: Understanding the Roblox abuse incident
- 07/09/18--06:53: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending July 7th
- 07/16/18--03:19: Behind the headlines: Why game age-ratings matter
- 07/16/18--05:53: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending July 14th
- 07/20/18--08:11: Finding non-violent games for your family
- 07/23/18--04:09: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending July 21st
- 07/30/18--03:53: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending July 28th
- 08/03/18--07:43: Beyond the Box: Understanding Content Ratings on Steam
- 08/06/18--05:51: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending August 4th
- 08/10/18--07:30: Dreaming big: What’s wrong with aspiring to work in games?
- 08/15/18--07:12: Video Game Charts by PEGI Age Rating – Week Ending August 13th
Here at AskAboutGames we present the latest UK game sales chart in a way that makes it easy for you to find the most popular titles suitable for the age of the gamers in your family. That’s because games’ potential to be a positive force in families’ lives comes about when people enjoy age-appropriate content. Each […]
Over the past few weeks here at AskAboutGames we’ve been looking at the process of rating a game, using the controversial new narrative thriller Detroit: Become Human as a case study. We chose to use an adult, emotive game so we would explore how the ratings process handles mature content, and what role controversy has […]
Looking for the most popular video games that are age-appropriate for your family? Then you’ve found the right place. Here you can find our specially curated guide to the best selling games of the past week, grouped by their PEGI age-rating. PEGI ratings are given to games in the UK by a group of experts […]
Every year since 1995, a huge conference known as E3 has stood as the world’s most significant video games event. It is a place where the biggestest release announcements and gaming news are made public, and every year it seems to grow both in size and prominence. This week saw E3 2018 take place, and […]
If you watched, read or listened to the news today, you’ve likely come across stories about ‘gaming disorder’. The World Health Organisation – or ‘WHO’ – has today for the first time listed ‘gaming disorder’ in the 11th edition of the International Classification of Diseases. It should be noted that the publication and listing of […]
With the World Cup upon us, it’s probably no surprise that FIFA is the most popular 3-years-plus rated game in the UK today. But what about the rest of the best selling games of the past week? Which might be suitable for your family? To help you answer those questions, below we’ve taken the latest […]
With the sun beating down on most of the UK today, we admit we’re keen to get outside away from screens. But, as ever, that isn’t mutually exclusive to enjoying some gaming time. So when the weather gets a bit much and the cool even draws in, we’ll be catching up with some of the […]
Remember when Minecraft was the talking point in playgrounds across the UK? Before Fortnite captivated the attention of gamers, parents and guardians, and the press, the world building game was defining of what a video game success could be. And it’s back in the charts, after the Switch version saw a mighty jump in sales. […]
TRIGGER WARNING: This article contains brief references to a sexual abuse case, in exploring safety in online game Roblox after a recently reported incident. If that may make difficult reading for you, but you’re keen to learn more about the game, do go straight to our Parents’ Guide to Roblox. — Over the last week […]
While you wait for football to come home – or not come home – or if you just want to ignore it, some family gaming time might be a perfect alternative use for your screen. Of course, you’ll also want to get out in this beautiful weather; but sometimes a refuge from the sun is […]
New research by Childcare.co.uk has found that over half of parents surveyed in the UK let their children play 18-rated games. As reported by UK video gaming site Eurogamer, that set of guardians do so without providing supervision, and sometimes without knowledge of the content of the game. The survey of 2,171 parents saw that […]
Every week at AskAboutGames we provide a specially prepared list of top selling games, based on the latest UK game sales charts. We do so to allow you to see the most popular titles suitable for the age of the gamers in your family. Essentially, the lists below detail the three best selling games of […]
Video games have never quite shaken an association with violence. While here at AskAboutGames we’re driven to share the benefits of family-friendly gaming, it’s hardly surprising that the medium can struggle to distance itself for the issue. Most strikingly, many of the most prevalent or founding gaming genres allude to violence in their naming. There’s […]
This week we’re rather spoilt for top-selling family-friendly games. In recent years the higher profile of 18-rated titles sees them just about dominate the gaming sales charts. Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Far Cry, Fallout; these are the titles that often occupy the top slots. Following on from a slightly family-friendly […]
With the summer holidays in full swing in the UK, the heatwave has come to an end for the most of us – for now, at least. That might mean a few more days spent inside, looking for something to do as the rain and wind picks up. The right video game might be just […]
When a physical, boxed copy of a console, PC or handheld game is released the UK, it always carries a PEGI age rating. That’s nice and simple. And as we learned in our recent in-depth look at the video game age rating process here in the UK, any retailer or individual selling a PEGI 12, […]
Now the summer holidays are well underway, and many are already returning from vacations and trips. Plenty have enjoyed the most appealing activities to entertain the kids, but there may still be a good deal of time to spend occupying the youngsters in your family. As long as it’s balanced with plenty of other activities […]
Earlier this week UK games industry trade body Ukie tweeted a picture of a rather curious bus stop advertisement from mobile phone outfit 02. Ukie, of course, is part of the team behind AskAboutGames, along with the VSC Ratings Board, which grants UK games their age-ratings. As a trade body Ukie looks to support, grow […]
After something of a delay, finally this week the UK video game sales charts are available to the public, so we’ve compiled our regular list helping you pick the most popular age-appropriate games for you family. Regular readers will know this update usually arrives every Monday. While we at AskAboutGames don’t know the exact reason […]